Friday, January 8, 2010

Three Weeks

Seth is now over 3 weeks old! I can't believe how much he has changed in the 3 weeks that he entered our world. Seth is our wonderful little man. Jason and I are reveling in our new role as his parents and getting to know what Seth is all about. I have to admit that I was kind of scared taking care of a newborn baby. I have been SO surprised with how much I love this newborn stage! Seth was so little and sweet and my mothering instincts really kicked in. I enjoy being a mother so much!

At Seth's three week pediatric apt:
Weight: 8lbs 7 oz! 25th percentile (he likes to eat and is quite the guzzler)
Height: 21.5 inches; 55th percentile (he grew 2 inches since birth and we have a feeling he's going to be a tall boy)
Head circ: 14.5 inches; 35th percentile

Seth's nurse practitioner commented how social and vocal he is. He is always grunting and making squeaking sounds. Not only does he communicate with his grunts and squeaks, but he also listens intently and focuses on the person who is holding him when they talk to him. Seth will look the person right in the face and watch their eyes when they talk to him.

Seth knows his mommy and daddy! When he is being held by someone else and I talk, he turns his head towards me and looks to find me. It is so endearing and melts my heart! Jason is so interactive and expressive with Seth and I can tell Seth is just ready to giggle when Jason gets close to him and says, "Hi!" with a huge smile and big eyes.

Time to brag with cute pictures of our baby boy! Can't you just see how much Seth has changed? His chin and neck has really filled out.

December 26, 2009:


Jason with Seth and our friend, Brian, with his son, Luke.

Brian's wife, Kay, with son, Luke; me and Seth.


December 27, 2009:


December 28, 2009:


December 29, 2009:



I'm tracking Seth's growth by taking a monthly picture in his nursery chair next to his football. Here Seth is at 2+ weeks old:





December 30, 2009:


December 31, 2009:






No comments:

Post a Comment